Last Updated: January 25, 2021
Before you use our Services, please read our Terms of Service. By accepting the Terms of Service, you agree with our privacy practices as described in this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, please do not access the Website or use our Services.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Depending on the Services used, or which parties are involved, we process and store different combinations of personal information as set forth in this Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM PARTICIPANTS
Through our test order process, we may collect and process personal information of a participant, including the following categories:
- Personal details (including first and middle name, last name, birth date and/or age)
- Symptoms and other medical information
- Sample material
- Insurance/Payment Information (where provided); and
- Test results and findings
Such collected personal information is used to provide the Services and test results to and to perform billing. All the collected personal information will be stored for as long as stated in the applicable consent form, or if none stated, at our discretion. The personal information will be processed by the Company for the performance of the specific analysis requested by the payor, and for informing the payor of the results of such analysis, all on the basis of the consent provided by the participant.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM PAYORS
In order to provide the Services requested (including billing, etc.), we may collect and process the following personal information from payors:
- Business details (including name, address)
- Phone and fax number
- Email address
- Payment information (where provided)
All the payor information will be stored as long as the Company is providing Services to any of payor’s participants. Such payor information will be processed to inform the payor of the participants’ test results, any other requests from the payor, and for invoicing. All of such processing is for the purpose of performing a contract as between the Company and the payor to provide the Services.
We may also use personal information to share marketing information about our Services, and to do so, we may process your contact information or information about your interaction with our Services to send you marketing communications, provide you with information about events, webinars, or other materials, deliver targeted marketing to you, and keep you updated about our Services. You can opt-out of our marketing activities at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM VISITORS TO THE WEBSITE
Generally, individuals are able to visit our Website without disclosing personal information. Data is collected from the Website only to the extent technically necessary. For example, in some cases we may recognize personal data like the IP address as well as non-personal data like the name of the visitor’s Internet service provider, the website from which the visitor came to our Website, the pages that the visitor views on the Website, and what the visitor clicks on any given page. This data could possibly identify an individual, but the Company does not use it to do so.
“Do Not Track”: Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to digital services that a visitor doesn’t want to have their online activity tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to DNT signals, we and our service providers (like many digital service operators) do not respond to DNT signals.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM JOB APPLICANTS
If you apply for a position with us, we may collect your resume, contact information, employment and education history, and other related information. We may also receive information from references you identify and other third parties (for instance, background checks where permitted by applicable law).
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED VOLUNTARILY
We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to use, such as inquiries through our Website, information you provide about your business, etc., and is used only for the purpose of addressing the request received. In cases where social media services may be used, we do not have any influence on the storage and processing of providing personal information via the respective social media service. You are encouraged to review those privacy policies before sending us personal information via a social media service.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
The Company may disclose your personal information as follows:
- Our service providers, vendors, and other processors. We may share your personal information with our service providers, business partners, or other vendors that help us provide our Services to you. Such entities will be given access as is reasonably necessary to provide our Services, and only under contractual obligations that are at least as restrictive as this Policy and in compliance with applicable privacy laws. Agents, vendors, and service providers who may have access to protected health information and other special categories of personal data are contractually obligated to protect the privacy and security of such information. We may share payment information with our third party payment processor. We do not store any credit card information on our servers.
- Change of control. We may share your personal information as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of the Services or the company (for example, a corporate restructuring, merger or consolidation with, or sale of substantially all of our assets to a third party).
- Safety and legal compliance. We may share your personal information if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or requests by public authorities (e.g., law enforcement, tax authorities, etc.); protect you, us, or other users’ rights or property, or to protect our Services, comply with or enforce our terms, agreements or policies. Such disclosure may be to parties outside your country of residence.
- Your consent or express actions. We will share personal information when we have your consent to do so.
- Anonymous or aggregate data. We may use or share anonymized or aggregated information with any third parties. Such information no longer reasonably identifies you and is not considered personal information.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE DE-IDENTIFIED, ANONYMIZED OR PSEUDONYMIZED INFORMATION
“De-identified” or “pseudonymized” information is data we have stripped of your personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or birthdate, though it may be possible to re-identify such information. “Anonymized” information is when personal information is stripped of all identifiers and cannot reasonably be linked back to you.
We may use “de-identified” or “pseudonymized” information for various purposes, including:
- For quality control and validation:
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, we may de-identify, store and use samples and information for internal quality control, validation, research and development. This is an important use for us to maintain the quality of our Services and to develop new Services.
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, we may also share de-identified samples and information for quality assurance and validation purposes. Such sharing is essential to maintaining the quality of testing in testing laboratories.
- For research purposes:
- We may use or disclose de-identified information for general research purposes. This may include research collaborations with third parties, such as universities, hospitals, or other laboratories, in which we utilize de-identified clinical cases at the individual or in the aggregate, and we may present or publish such information. This may also include commercial collaborations with private companies for research purposes.
Our Website are directed towards adults and are not designed for, intended to attract, or directed towards children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you must obtain the authorization of a responsible adult (parent or legal guardian) before accessing or using our Website. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from children under 16 without appropriate authorization, we will promptly remove such information from our databases.
You agree that you have provided notice to, and obtained consent from, any third party individuals whose personal information you supply to us, including with regard to (a) the purposes for which such third party’s personal information has been collected; (b) the intended recipients or categories of recipients of the third party’s personal information; (c) which of the third party’s information is obligatory and which information, if any, is voluntary; and (d) how the third party can access and, if necessary, rectify the information held about them.
Our Website may contain links to external websites. We do not maintain these sites and are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that we do not operate. Please refer to the specific privacy policies posted on these sites.
INFORMATION ACCESS, UPDATES, AND CHOICE
You can update, amend or delete the personal information we store about you by contacting us at email@example.com. Company email correspondence will include instructions on how to update certain personal information and how to unsubscribe from our emails and postal mail correspondence. We will take reasonable steps, such as confirmation emails, to verify your identity before granting access to your personal information.
We store your personal information for as long as we need it to provide you our Services, to serve the purpose(s) for which your personal information was processed, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements to the extent permitted by law.
We store information used for marketing purposes indefinitely until you unsubscribe. Once you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we add your contact information to our suppression list to ensure we respect your unsubscribe request. Also, we retain any information collected via cookies, clear gifs, flash cookies, webpage counters and other technical or analytics tools up to one year from expiry of the cookie or the date of collection.
We use reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect information contained in our system against misuse, loss or alteration. Information that you provide through our Website is encrypted using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, with the exception of information you send via email. Your information is processed and stored on controlled servers with restricted access, and in compliance with the Security Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1966 (HIPAA). Unfortunately, no method of electronic transmission is 100% secure, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our Website, and you do so at your own risk. Please do not submit any personal health information or credit card information via email.
Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. You should keep your username, password, ID numbers, or other access credentials secure as we cannot secure personal information that you release on your own or that you request us to release. If we receive instructions using your log-in information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
208 Lincoln Boulevard
Venice CA 90291